Sunday, October 05, 2008

Thank you note

There are a lot of people that I want to say thanks to. I would not be like this without them. But today, I want to say special thanks to my dear friend HS. Because of our small talk yesterday afternoon I remember again my goal in life (the goal that I almost forgot because of all the tension lately).

Several days or weeks ago, I was really depressed because of my studies. I thought I chose a wrong path and a wrong research field because AI was definitely not my thing. Even thought I tried to smile and look like everything ok, but deep inside I felt depress and started to question my decision to take this PhD. Bad result in my previous two assignments added my depressed feeling.

But yesterday, somehow, after our small talk (which not even discuss my depression), I re-found my goal in life which I have forgotten for a very long time. I re-found that my goal in life is to learn new things everyday and enjoying every process of it. I re-found that I should not just stuck to the result (such as result assignment), but enjoying every processes of it. So what if I got a bad mark? The most important things are I learn something new and I learn not to make the same mistake again. I re-found my passion to enter the PhD. I re-found that I want to take PhD because I want to learn new things and yes, by taking PhD I learn new things (a lot of new things).

So, from yesterday and so on, I will enjoy my process of learning. Not just learning from books but also learning from others. I will enjoy it and do as best as I can to learn and implement it and will not worry too much about the results. Bad or good results is always the opportunity to learn again right?

So, thank you dear friend. And if somehow I forget about my goal, please remind me again.

No comments: