Sunday, October 12, 2008

Volunteering Experience

From Friday to Sunday, I was volunteering for Ajahn Bram talks and seminars organized by Buddhist Fellowship. I never did volunteering before, and these 3 days really a good time for me. I gained experiences that I never had before. Even thought I helped as an usher to direct people to the talks and seminars place and had to stand the whole time, I didn’t find those as boring or tiring jobs. I enjoy every second of it.

I enjoy greeting and smiling to people and show them the way.
I enjoy working with my IC and others usher.
I enjoy being a part of the events.
I event enjoy eating the vegetarian food.

And the most enjoyable and exciting thing is I was able to meet Ajahn Bram. I never met or heard his talks and seminars before. I only know him from books that he wrote. Listening his talks and seminars directly is more enjoyable than reading his book and not everyday that I have the opportunity to listening his talks. I also had the opportunity to take a picture with him.

So, the conclusion is, I have a good time these past 3 days. Even thought the volunteering is tiring, the enjoyment is much greater than that.

No comments: